Sunday, July 12, 2015

Monday, March 9, 2015


So this week I'm grateful for the chance to stretch my wings.  I'm grateful that the Lord could see what I could not see.  He saw what I am capable of and gave me a trial to help me realize my potential.
Also this week I've learned that the Lord is in this work.  He knows who we are and what we're capable of.  When we do the work the Lord's way and with love we'll find results.  Exact obedience brings miracles and I can attest to that this week.  We set up with investigators and qiaomened all day and didn't find anything.  But it was a test of our faith.  The Lord saw our effort and blessed us accordingly.  He sent people to us in unexpected ways.  

On Friday we were going to do service for this lady in our ward and I had to put money on my bus card so we ran into the family mart right behind this lady who turns around and just starts talking to us.  my 'crazy' alarm goes off because usually if someone just starts talking to us their either crazy or a miracle...and usually the first.  After she's done talking she turns around and then I realize who she is.  We were doing a chalk drawing...which we found out later wasn't legal...of the POS and we met this lady who said she was preparing to get baptized in a different church.  I gave her a baptismal planner and then she had to go. After she left I realized I forgot to get her number...and tell her our purpose as missionaries was to help people prepare to be baptized. It was a low blow and I prayed a lot that I would see her again so I could redeem myself.  So the second time around we were able to get her phone number! YES!!!  The Lord answers prayers!!!

1 Ne 18:2, "Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I  did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it 
was not after the manner of men.:"

Doing the Lords work HIS way is the ONLY WAY.  I've learned this week that on the outside we may seem a little crazy to give away a year and a half of our life away to come to a foreign country to spend all day on the street trying to get people to listen to you about this Jesus person who can somehow change your life.  But this is the Lords work and His ways are higher than our ways.  It's all about the individual.  The way He wants us to do it is WAY better than anything we could have thought of.  

So training isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The Lord knows what I'm capable of and He knows what I need.  This week I've realized that my Chinese is not that bad :) I can actually talk to people and understand what they're saying :) 

SO we had a huge miracle this week.  Saturday we were doing FB at the church and this lady walks in and asks us if this was a church and when it started.  We told her Sunday morning at 9...  and guess what?! She actually showed up the next day! How amazing is that!? and she stayed for the WHOLE thing and loved it.  We're meeting with her this week and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon.  

Just a little update on our investigators:
Gan JM: we invited her to pray about baptism because she still doesn't believe it's for her because she's been baptized already
Qiu DX: we asked him to pray about God and to feel His love for him.  Little by little
Lu JM: FINALLY met with her.  She's a referral with a baptismal date. super cute.  She's been reading the BOM and when we shared the Joseph Smith story she said it sounded kind of like Nephi's experience.  We just need to get her to church ;)

Well, that's about all folks! Have an amazing week! 
Yu Jie Mei



PS: HAPPY 8 MONTHS!!!

Happy 8 month mark








No comments:

Post a Comment