So I suffer from trying to be boyscout prepared but still
being military brat prepared, so only bringing what you need... so
somethings I forgot, but most I can live without ;)
The MTC is
AMAZING!!! the days go by so slow because you're doing so much, but at
the end of the day, it all feels like a blur and you can't remember a
thing.
My first day when Sherrie dropped me off I saw Sister Adulos who was
the one I met before coming. We were so excited to see each other and
she was my host. She told me that she had been praying to see me and be
my host. The Lord answers prayers! Also, there were about 800
missionaries that arrived that day where usually there are 600, so there
were more than usual arriving. I met an Elder Humphrey that is from
Leeds and knows the Vingos! How awesome! One of the speakers our first
day quoted a general authority and said that we were LIVING the Millenium. HOW AWESOME?!
My companion (tongban) is sister Lew. She's from Hong Kong, but
doesn't speak very good Chinese (but way better than me). She's pretty
awesome. The other two that arrived with us and are in our room and
district are Sister Jenkins and Sister Strong. We get along famously
and feel more like a quad than two separate companion groups.
I think the thing that surprised me the most was that our third day
we taught an "investigator"...IN CHINESE!!! I didn't understand a whole
lot and didn't say a whole lot, so it didn't go super great. But we
taught her again the next day and I understood a LOT of what she said
and I actually was able to answer some of her questions rather than
relying completely on my companion :) I could actually feel the spirit
and it was amazing at how much I had learned in just one day!!!
On Sunday during Relief Society we sang "As Sister's in Zion" but
they changed the lyrics and a line that really hit me was, "we're
gathered enlisted with Helaman's Army." We were also in class one time
and one of our elders said you could erase with just a piece of rubber,
so one Elder (Jensen) promptly took off his shoe (shoe Crocs) and tried
it out. It worked ;)
I'll have to apologize about the pictures, because my pictures
won't upload, so I'll have to figure it out and get back to you on it.
Hope you all are doing well!
Love,
Yu Jie Mei (Fish Sister)
| Sister Lew and Sister Fisher |
| Elder Jensen's shoe eraser |
| At Provo Temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment