Hallo Everyone!!!
How's life? getting cold? not here. it's still pretty hot here. OH I
just can't wait for summer (not). I'm going to die, if I don't die
first from the traffic or by drunk people.
Speaking
of drunk people. I had a fantastic experience on Saturday, and when I
say fantastic I really mean not fantastic AT ALL!!! So, Saturday we were
street contacting in a city called Taiping and my
companion stops to talk to this guy that's kind of in a store/street
restaurant thingy. While she's talking with him, this guy comes out of
the store with some of his friends and tries to speak English to me.
Warning sign #1: they came out and started talking to us. Warning sign
2: they tried to speak English to me. Warning sign 3: They looked REALLY
happy and had that glazed over look in their eyes. DRUNK!!! So, while
my companion was trying to teach the most sober one all the others
surrounded me. I firmly placed my bike between myself and them once I
realized they were drunk and realized their intent. One of them kept
telling me they wanted me and tried to speak English (which I DIDN'T
understand) and then Chinese (which I REALLY didn't understand). They
kept asking if I was from the U.S. and they kept trying to invite me
inside and I think one of them was trying to grab me. The only thing I
could get out of my mouth was (In Chinese) "No thanks, I'm a missionary.
I'm a representative of Jesus Christ" which they then wanted to know
what God wanted them to hear. The probably wouldn't have liked it.
This whole time I'm frantically trying to get my companion's attention
to tell her it was WAY time to go , but she was occupied with this other
guy. Finally, she realized the other drunk guys had surrounded me and
we left. One of them asked me for a kiss before I got very far. Yep, it
was definitely an adventure. My companion was furious once I told her
what had happened and she said she wanted to give them a peace of her
mind. Fortunately, we didn't.
Yesterday we went over to the
Branch President's house for FHE (Family Home Evening) and we watched Mormon Messages, ate
this bean soup (like the sweet beans they put in baozi's), and played Jenga. Guess who knocked the tower over. MEE!!! It had to happen,
eventually.
We finally cleaned
out our fridge, after much begging and pleading. There were spiders and
cockaroaches in there and it was NASTY.
The food is pretty good here.
Also,
weird thing about this place. We put the trash in the
freezer...TRASH!!! WHAT!?! I don't understand!
Things
are better on the companionship side of things. Every day is a new
day. We just did a fast to find prepared people because we'll find
investigators and then they'll quickly die (meaning that they fizzle out).
On Wednesday we had 7 lessons and gave out 4 Books
of Mormon. I think we got one investigator from it, and I think she just
'died' which means she's no longer an investigator. Something that
keeps me going is something my mission president said. He said
something along the lines of you have to fight for each and every
person. It's going to take effort, because the reward is so great. I
just wish I was fluent in Chinese already because I know this gospel is
so true and I can't share adequately my feelings about how I know and
how this gospel can bless their lives. It'll come though, that much I
do know.
Well, you all are awesome!!! You all are great! Have a fantastic week and remember that
you are all loved Children of God :) He knows each and every one of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment