Sunday, November 9, 2014

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hallo!!! From Taiwan to you :)
I hope everyone is having a fantastic fall...full of cool breezes and changing colors :) It's pretty much one temperature here, and that's hot...and it's not even summer. We had a lot of miracles this week and have a lot of investigators.  We have 3 with a baptismal date. Now we just have to not let any of them fall through the cracks :)
1. Wednesday we were crossing a bridge and I heard this whirring sound.  I look over to see these cows hearded by a remote control airplane. The old farmer was just standing on the sideline in ease. Briliant!
2. People here don't ever tell you they're just not interested.  They'll tell you they have no time, or really busy, or maybe another time.  They won't give you a strait up NO. I kind of wish they would, but it's just part of the culture here, so I'm learning to push through it :)
3. The Elders were going to do a service for this lady in our branch.  They get up there only to realize she needs help killing her chickens for sunday...which is against the white handbook.  She gave a pretty good demonstration of killing one by taking butcher knife and SLOWLY slicing through the neck...poor chicken
4. One of our investigators has been spending at least 1 hour EVERY DAY reading the BOM...what?
5. The Lord has a plan for everything.  We went to the train station to be one of the new sister's companion until her companion arrived.  We were going to go out to dinner and then go wait for the other companion to arrive. Unfortunately we couldn't find her for about an hour and a half. After much frustration we finally found her and because her companion was arriving in 10 minutes we just waited at the platform with her.  It was a really good thing we had to stay there because we saw the other companion on the train and were able to get her off...(if that makes any sense).  Even though things may not go our way, no matter how hard we try, we sometimes just need to trust God that he knows what's going on.  We may not understand until afterwards why it was the way it was or why we had to go through that trial.  Pray, and stay close to you Heavenly Father, and everything will be alright :)
 
I hope you are all enjoying the cool weather and getting ready for Halloween :) we won't have a Halloween, but the branch did put us missionaries in charge of a skit for thanksgiving day.  We were thinking about making the white people indians and the other people (natives) be the pilgrims...mix it up a bit ;)

Lastly, I saw something pretty cool this week :) This farmer was herding his two cows with a remote control airplane.  There was some string or something connected to the airplane and he was herding them with the airplane! Why haven't we thought of this before?!

I also met a lady on Saturday who I felt connected to.  She was really listening to me.  She didn't even know who God was.  I asked her if she believed in God and she was like, God? I pointed up to the sky and said, God...she still looked confused so the only thing I could think of was, "God is our Heavenly Father, we are His children."  We're meeting with her tomorrow, so hopefully all will go well.  Also, one of our investigators has been reading the BOM for an hour EVERY DAY!!! We haven't been able to give him the first lesson so he's really confused, but we'll help him get through it :)

Well, that's about it! I hope it starts to cool off soon, I want to enjoy some cool weather before I have to face the brutal summer :)

Love you!
Yu Jie Mei
(fishy sister)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment