Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday September 1, 2014

Well everyone, I hope that my next letter is from Taiwan, but we're not exactly sure.  But don't worry, I'll get to that :)

Monday:
We had Skype TRC with this guy named Willy from Taiwan.  Apparently he knows Elder Cook (an elder that left a couple weeks ago).  After TRC we were waiting in our classroom when E. Vaugh comes in with this dripping wet waterbottle.  He tells Lew Jie Mei to step back and promptly squeezes the water bottle.  Apparently he had poked holes in the sides so water went EVERYWHERE. His tongban (companion) looks up from writing his flashcards and asks, "why is my tie wet?" Apparently E. Jensen was the only one who got wet, and he didn't even know what was happening.  
Tuesday:
We had devotional where a member of the seventy came and and talked about having both feet in the mission and having no regrets.  After during devotional review with my district E. Jensen (district leader) stood up and shared with each person what they saw and admired about them.  There was such a sweet spirit there as he shared something with everyone.  He told me that he admired my strength and willingness to continue and how I always have a smile on my face. I thought it was really sweet :)
Wednesday:
DAY 50!!! I kind of freaked out on this day because I realized that I'm going to a country that rains ALL THE TIME, and I only brought leather and cloth shoes...silly me.  So I frantically am writing my mom to send me some crocs or something...totally freaking out :) I even sent an outline of my foot...desperate times call for desperate measures.  
Our LaoShi (teacher) did something really cool today.  One person from each companionship went out into the hall and decided on a problem that they would have as an "investigator." We then role played asking them if they wanted to be baptized and they said no, but instead of telling us their problem they told us a different problem.  We then had to be led by the spirit to tell them the right things to resolve their concern without knowing what it was.  It was kind of scary amazing how much they actually resolved the concerns without knowing what it was. Then we switched.  It helped me a lot because the Holy Ghost is the one who converts and knows what and how to help them .  It was really cool following the spirit.  
During dinner after we had already eaten the zhonglaomen decided to do the cereal challenge.  (basically we have these HUGE things of cereal and you have to empty one before they realize and fill it back up.) And of course they decided on cocoa rice crispy things so we only got half of it empty before we couldn't eat any more.  But let me tell you, there was cocoa crisp things EVERYWHERE. Bowls and bowls of it.
Thursday:
We were talking to Wu LaoShi about us being his first class and he confirmed saying we were his first born in the wilderness...haha....
With Tan Lao Shi we had a PAIDUI (party). She had us all get out a sheet of paper and we wrote our name at the top and passed it around in a circle.  Everyone wrote in them about us.  It was really cool to see what everybody wrote ;) Then Tan Lao Shi shared with us what attribute on pg 10 of Preach My Gospel she thought we each had.  She told me that mine was Christ like attributes  and she said I had strong faith.  she said she would NEVER question my faith in Jesus and His atonement.  She would NEVER doubt that I know.  It was really good to hear that. 
Friday: INFIELD ORIENTATION 
Today was the day we were waiting for! Infield orientation got me so pumped for the field.  We talked about making goals, planning, teaching God's gospel, talking to people, and involving the members.  During the last part of involving members they combined two rooms together because our instructor has to get ready for some skit.  so I'm sitting there listening to him start and get everybody sat down and quiet and I hear my name whispered...my first name.  I look up to see blue eyes, RED hair, and freckles...CHASE NOORDA!!! What the heck?! I thought he was already on his mission in Mexico! And he was excited to see me.  We shook hands excitedly, because that's the only thing we could do and the instructor observed, "something special is happening." We got to talk afterward and it was so cool to see him!
During that meeting they said that all the Taipei missionaries had to go to the travel office.  So all 31 of us go tromping off after the meeting to find out that our visas have been delayed  and we probably won't be going for another week or week and a half, but we don't really know.  We could end up going on Friday, but we don't know.  Basically we all got pumped for the field, then to have all our hopes and dreams crushed with a crane... mafan!
Saturday:
We found out on Thursday that we were getting new teachers, which is why we had a paidui (party) with tan lao shi. the new Laoshi are pretty funny and cool, but I have my doubts about them being as awesome as our old ones.  
During lunch they had tomato basil soup so I got a little creative and made a grilled cheese in the toaster and microwave... it was actually pretty good.  
Pretty much all the zhonglaomen are loved by their parents and family (either that or they want to make them fat) because they have SO MUCH FOOD!!! So we had a diqu (district) paidui on Saturday where we ate food and sang songs.  It was loads of fun.  E. Robinson was trying to convince me that butter makes colds go away because E. Elliot got a box full of rolls, butter, and jelly...
Sunday:
The reign of Sister Lew and I has ended. We are no longer sister training leaders. Since it was our last Sunday together as a group (the three districts that arrived at the MTC at the same time) we did a musical number during sacrament meeting.  We sang "How Great Thou Art." It was BEAUTIFUL.  There were only us four Jie Mei and about 26 Zhonglao, so it sounded really good with all the men :) I decided to sit next to Sis. Woodfield to translate for her.  I also had not written a talk for today so I thought I would be safe if I sat next to Sis. Woodfield.   Whoa was I wrong. I gave a beautiful spur of the moment talk on the Holy Ghost.  Everyone thought it was really good, but I'm not so sure :/

Well that's all folks!!! I hope you all have fantastic weeks! REMEMBER that God loves you and knows you and has a plan for each of you.  I love this gospel! And hopefully the next email will be from Taiwan ;)
Love
Yu Jie Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment