Sunday, January 4, 2015

Monday, December 1, 2014

Faith is the power
Obedience is the price
Love is the motive
The Spirit is the key
Christ is the reason.
 
I'm learning how true this little poem is.  This week was a faith learning and building week. Faith has so much power.  You need it for everything in missionary work.  You need faith to find, faith to hit those goals you set in daily planning, faith that there ARE people you will meet today that are prepared for you.  Faith is the power, and without you don't get anything done.  Yes people will still reject you, but as long as you keep that faith alive inside you, you WILL find those prepared
 
We had a baptism this week!!! Our investigator, Wang dixiong, beat the odds and made it to the baptismal font! It was a really cool experience because I was able to see the whole process.  This is one of the ones we found personally (actually he found us, but whatever) and taught and baptised all the way through.  Another cool thing is one of the other Elders from the MTC in my branch that is being trained as well had a baptism on the same day.  So san fan hui (third branch) baptised two people this past saturday.  Since she was a girl we helped her get ready and such.  When it was time for Wang Dixiong to get baptised we went to look through the door to the girl's bathroom and it was LOCKED!!! Elder Mansell baptised our investigator WITHOUT US!!! GAH! but he made it. only had to get baptised once (even though after he was fully immersed his feet flew up out of the water).  I'll get over it.  We then took about 30 minutes teaching him how to tie a tie :) knowing how does come in handy :) Then the next day (sunday) he missed Church...so he missed his confirmation...so now we have a baptised investigator -__-
 
Since elections were this week every night...and morning...pretty much all day sounds like a war zone with all the firecrackers and fireworks people let off...like a machine gun! And I don't think they have any rules with fireworks because they seriously had a fireshow RIGHT outside our apartment.  It was SO loud, but it was really cool to see the fireworks up close. 
 
This story is especially for Emily. Last Thursday I was at the Ward Mission Leader's house and I see a  Mitsubishi Delica back up, and guess what?! Every time he put the car into back up mode it would do kind of what our van does with the beeping...except it plays really high pitched jingle bells!!! BAHAHAHA!!! it made me think of you Emily, I can just imagine your face if our car had that :)
 
This week we were able to do an unplanned act of service.  We helped one of our members make jam.  The fruit was some kind of cactus fruit flower thing so we had to wear gloves when we pitted it. IT was really cool and it tasted like rhubarb jelly...just a little bit sour :)
 
My companion reminded me of a quote by President Monson, "Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow'" I really like this quote and it's totally true.  Sometimes we go through the day trying our hardest and nothing gets done.  Sometimes our best isn't good at all.  But it's all in the enduring.  Even when things get rough, you stick them out, keep going. Don't give up or quit.  There's always tomorrow to do better.  
 
 **HAPPY DECEMBER!!! I'M SO EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU THIS MONTH! JUST A COUPLE MORE DAYS TILL I GET TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES!!! I'll tell you about the crash then, because I couldn't describe it adequately if I tried to describe it to you over email.
 
I have found something delicious. RED BEANS!!! they are so good.  They have red bean candy, red bean baozi's, read bean smoothies. I think I'm addicted.  Also, dong gua cha which is this brick you put in a little boiling water so it's a super concentrated solution then you pour a little in a cup and fill the rest with water...it's Soooooooo good :) I'll have to send you some.
 
Last but not least, we went to the beach last week.  It's been pretty hot here.  We went with some other sisters and had a blast! I love the beach :) and i got some pictures to prove it. 
 
Well, that's about all for this week.  We have transfers this friday.  I think I'm staying here with Sister Chu, but we'll see what the Lord has planned.  I love you all and pray for you! I hope you all stuffed yourselves with stuffing and turkey :) and play in the snow, fall leaves, or whatever you may find yourself in over there!
 
Yu Jie Mei
PS: a quote from my district meeting, "The scriptures are like a "How to Be Like Jesus" manual, but sometimes it's hard to kan de dong (understand) so the first presidency gave us PMG (Preach My Gospel).  IT's like a "How To Be Like Jesus for Dummies" :D
 
Have a great week!

Well, I love you all!!! Hope you have a fantastic week!
 
Yu Jie Mei
 
 
 
 
Fruit she's helping can.

Yummy baozi

At the beach.

Wang Dixiong's baptism.

Playing at the beach.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment