Christmas
Day I will be calling you guys around 9:00 AM my time on the 26th. Can
you send my your Skype name just in case I can't use my Skype account.
Just a precaution. If dad isn't going to be there on Christmas is
there a day he will definitely be home? Maybe I can get the mission
president's permission to call on that day...we'll see.
Do you know what the scripture on my plaque is? I chose it when I got my wisdom teeth out so I don't remember :)
I
GOT A PACCKKAAGGEE!!!!!!!!! ACTUALLY TWO, one from the Kallmeyers
that's this pillow case with a whole buch of names on the back. adorable
and made me cry :) and the other one. they sent our packages to
the sister's apartment so they'll bring it to me on Tuesday :)
You
guys are always in my heart. I've given my heart to the Lord for
safekeeping while I'm on my mission, so I've also given you all to him
for safe keeping:)
SHENMEDONGXI?! why does everything happen
while I'm gone?! seriously! That's crazy Martin came to visit. What are
his plans? How's Tim doing?
So,
let me tell you about one of my favorite games. So, everything here is
in Chinese, right? I can't read Chinese. Also, my companion can't read
Chinese. So, when we go places to eat, I have NO idea what's on the
menu and don't want to ask the person what everything is. So here's the
game. You just randomly put your finger on one and ask for it :) And
you have no idea what you're getting or if it's going to be good. fun,
right? Sometimes it turns out great and you get something delicious and
other times it doesn't taste so great, but it's all in the adventure.
Yep, that's my game. It's quite fun :)
Our
baptised investigator FINALLY got confirmed yesterday.. Hallelujah! he
then gave us this fruit that is a pineapple and a custard apple breed
together. Delicious!!!
So a couple months ago the
Elders moved apartments to one closer to everything. Well, the zone
leaders called us on Thursday and told us they were coming over tomorrow
with some stuff from the old Elders apartment because our
house/apartment is big enough to hold it. We were like okay. What they
didn't tell us was they were pretty much bringing a whole apartment
worth of stuff over. So now we have 3 HUGE whiteboards/chalkboards,
blankets and pillows, a couch, a bed, 4 desks, and a whole buch on
dongxi. It was fun to have everything moved in, but they also brought
another fridge. Our freezer door is hard to open so I go to open the
freezer door to the other fridge to see if it's better. As the door
swings open this smell hits me. The fridge hadn't been cleaned! There
was mold and nasty black stuff growing in it. hot water, bleach, soap,
and rubber gloves later it's finally clean. That was fun.
It's
funny to see the competition between other churches. We knocked at
this one lady's house and started to share our message and give her one
of our tracts and she tells us to wait a sec. She goes inside and comes
out with this HUGE calendar and told us another church gave it to her.
I'm like, yea? well our church is true and God loves you and you can be
sealed to your family and be with them FOREVER!!!
We
had some investigators at church this week. FINALLY!!! Miracle one. A
less active/recent convert that ran off to Gaoxiang showed up at church.
Miracle two. we got to meet this less actives mom who is also less
active but wouldn't talk to us before. miracle three.
The
gospel is true!! It is so amazing and it changes lives! It brings hope
to a helpless soul. It heals. It helps you find joy!
I
only have five minutes left before the computer shuts off, so hopefully
you get this before it shuts off!!! I love you all!!! Tell dad I'm sorry
but I'll send him an extra long message next week :) Tell kai I love
him...and everyone else. I can't wait for Christmas!!! You are all so
amazing and wonderful and I couldn't ask for a more amazing family!
Have an amazingly spectacular week!!!
Yu Jie Mei
Cambam
No comments:
Post a Comment