Sunday, January 4, 2015

Monday, December 22, 2014

If anybody tells you it doesn't get cold in Taiwan, set their pants on fire, because they're lying.
It does get cold her believe it or not.  I was a little shocked because the summer is so brutal and I don't remember it being this cold when I lived in Okinawa.  And it rains....brrrr!
 
I've come to realize the importance of church.  The investigators that come to church progress so much faster that next week.  When we go to church we are able to feel that spirit.  Even if it's not a super great meeting or what the teacher is teaching is something you've heard a million times when you show that effort to come to church the Lord blesses you and you're able to feel that spirit throughout the week. 
 
We have three investigators with a baptismal date...maybe four but I think she died as an investigator...but we'll get to that later.  Our three investigators with a baptismal date are Chen Jie Mie (an old Catholic near our house. She was just like, 'yea! I'll be baptized!'), Gao Yu Chen (a Tongxue we've been working with.  When we invited him to set a date he told us to wait and then actually went and checked on his calendar and told us if we did it at 7 he could do it.  The only problem is getting him to come to church, and then a Wang Tongxue (another Tongxue who's already Christian and has been to church already and loves it). They aren't going to be until January and February, so we'll have to have a white January and February.  We have a couple other people who we'll invite or will help continue to progress, but those three are our most likely. 
 
So the crazy thing that happened this week.  We went over to a Yang Tongxue's house this saturday to teach her.  She lives at her grandma's house.  She is so curious about the Book of Mormon and was excited to learn.  We were reading with her when we hear the door open, but we didn't think too much about it.  Lots of random people keep coming in and out.  All of a sudden we hear this gruff voice bark, "What are you doing?" (in chinese) We turn and I assumed it was her father.  We told him we were reading scriptures and he went off on this huge rampage and pretty much kicked us out of the house.  He accused us of not believing in Christ and God.  After we left he came out of the house with the Book of Mormon that Yang Tongxue had been reading from and told us pretty much to come and get our devil book.  Then he continued to ma (scold/yell) us about how horrible we are and how we seperate ourselves from people...yea.  So that was a rough day. It made us really sad to see someone with so much potential stopped from learning about the gospel and the blessings she could have had because of her father. 
 
We also had exchanges this week and it was really nice to see another missionary's way of contacting and teaching.  You can learn a lot from just watching people.  
 
So I have a cold :( It's not super bad, but it kind of stinks. So far I've gotten the Christmas package with the Christmas hat and the one from the RS that's a pillow case...soooo adorable! Also, I've pretty much been on my mission for 6 months! Only about a year left! and I'll be coming home right after Christmas so maybe they'll send me home right before Christmas! That would be cool.  I'll just come home on Christmas Eve and be everyone's Christmas present.  That would be cool...or you could just wrap me up and when everyone gets in the room I'll just pop out of the box :)
 
This week was cold, but I have hot chocolate so it's all good.  I'm going to Taipei this Christmas Eve for a Christmas conference so that basically means they combine Christmas and Thanksgiving food...so much food...American delicious food! Potatoes, turkey, all the good stuff. I'll probably get the other package then because it sends them to the mission office and whenever someone goes to Taipei from our zone they get mail for everybody.  So yea, hopefully it'll be there when I go :)
 
I'm so excited to talk to you! I'll be calling from 9-10 am my time which is around 6-7 pm your time on Christmas day! I talked to the mission president but he didn't really respond so that kind of stinks.
 
Well that's about it for this week! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and remember who is important in life and why we have christmas.  It's all because of Him.  Christ is the reason! He loves us enough to come to Earth.  Everything He did on Earth was for us.  Remember he was the first gift. 
 
Love,
Yu Jie Mei
 
 
Santa hat from Mom and pillowcase from our Relief Society .

Five month picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment