You know, sometimes angels are HUGE trucks that ride along next to
us and keep other cars from running us over ;) it's the little things
right? or the big things.
On the 1st day of Christmas the dear Lord gave to me, Jesus Christ the new born king!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope everyone had an awesome week
filled with miracles and gift giving! We had a Christmas conference on Christmas Eve and it was so much fun...so much food!!!
We
were able to go on exchanges with the temple sisters and you learn a
lot from them. Training ends this week. I made a goal last interview to
finish Phase 1 by the end of last transfer, but I didn't make it.
Lesson 4 took longer than expected. I got everything done that I could
with my trainer last week. All I have left now is the things I need a
zone leader or sister Training leader to pass me off on. Hopefully I'll
get that done in the next couple weeks. I really enjoyed training. It
helped me learn a lot about missionary work and how to improve myself. Something I've found is there's so many things I want to improve on that
I don't really know where to start so I bop back and forth...getting
nothing done. I just need to focus on one thing and improve that and
slowly add more things in with it. I just want to be a PMG (Preach My Gospel) missionary.
Like it says in the BOM, 'by small and simple things are great things
brought to pass.' I'll improve and change little by little.
I
got to call home this week! it was sooo nice. The first time I called
they didn't answer. Before I broke down I tried one more time and Tim
answered. He looked really confused...then he ran into the other room.
All of a sudden I heard screaming as Hailey and Mom are racing to the
computer...love them!
I have not gotten the other package. I'm not sure when I'll get it
because I'm in Taidong so the only time we get mail is when someone
goes to Taipei...which the zone leaders are going for Jedi council this
week so maybe!!!
It was sooo nice to talk to you
all!!! I've been on my mission for about 6 months! and I'm still not
fluent! This language is so hard. And time flies by sooo fast! and yet
so slow! Monday comes around and I'm like already...but then the last Monday feels so far away.
We had a Christmas
conference in Taipei and they had sooo much food :) It was soo yummy :) Not as good as home, but as close as I can get...and it was American so I
can't complain. Also, there were these slide shows with some really embarrassing pictures...thanks mom :)
Sister Chu
and I had exchanges with the Temple sisters. I was with sister Perkins
and I really like her and her style of missionary work. She makes
things so real when she's talking to people. She is just like "Hey! want
to hear about Christ and how he can help you?" It wasn't awkward or
anything. I've been looking at ways to improve my transition. I think
the thing I struggle with most is street contacting and stoplight
contacting because you don't have a lot of time to contact them and you
want to both tell them about the gospel to get them interested and ask
them questions to make them feel like you're interested in them . It's a
hard balance to find, one that I haven't found yet but am still working
on. Also, we don't have a lot of street contacting opportunities down
here in Taidong. There just aren't a lot of people on the streets.
Miracles happen every day, we just have to look for them! I love you all and pray for you!
keep up the good work over there! Those missionaries you look over are so lucky ;)
I love Christmas! it's an amazing time of year!
Love you guys! keep Jia you ing ;)
Yu Jie Mei
| Exchanges with Temple sisters. |
| Baozi! (the dumpling things in the background) |
No comments:
Post a Comment