So 2 weeks down and we STILL don't have a bathroom...toilet...it's fun :) oh joy!
Oh
yea, next week I won't be emailing on Monday because our P-day is
switched to Wednesday because we're going to the Temple :) YES!
This
week felt like a month! It's been such a crazy week!! We went up to
Taipei at the beginning of the week for Temple Tours. Basically when
most of the sisters in the mission get together and have a
conference...best thing ever. They talk a lot about love and finding
out who you are as a person so you can help others find themselves.
Relax and rejoice in your differences.
The
end of the week we went on exchanges and I finally got to go out of my
area to xinzhu :) It was weird because I felt like I was in training
again. crazy crazy. We found this guy with perfect English who knows
about the Church and has 2 Books of Mormons. He wanted to know more
about the church and wanted to know Christ better. awesome :) Something
Sister Murri (the sister training leader) said she noticed about me was
that no matter if we'd been talking to a person for 3 min or seconds
when I talk to people she feels like I know them and we're best
friends...if that makes sense. She told me when I talk to people I'm
very sincere and say what they need to hear. It was such a blessing to
hear that because I've felt like I've always struggled to connect with
some people and teach to their needs. It's good to know I actually can
talk to people ;)
So, big story of the week. I
don't know if anyone remembers Fan Zhu Song. He was a self contact
where he rode his motorcycle up to us and asked us where we were
from...we gave him a BOM, and naturally started teaching him. This was
in the middle of last transfer. He's from Taoyan, works in Taizhong,
and goes to school in Zhunan. When we first met with him we pulled out
our map and asked where he lived. He said he had a sushe on campus and
an apartment on minzu lu...well within our area. We didn't tell him our
boundaries. Well, this week we were talking to him and we asked him a
question and he said, 'I don't have a house in Toufen' So we got the map
out again and he showed us where he lived and it wasn't in our area.
How does that happen I don't know so we told him he wasn't in our area
and explained to him that zhunan elders could help him more than we
could and were closer to him...he started crying. So, for those who
don't know I get a little freaked out when grown men cry like that and I
don't take it very well. We didn't really realize how attached he was
to us and Toufen members until he had to move. Then yesterday he came
to church and asked if we could meet with him during the week and read
the Book of Mormon. We had a lesson the time that he wanted and so we
told him and told him the Zhunan Elders would be teaching him from now
on. So for the last hour of church he cried and said goodbye to
everyone. The Zhunan Elders were meeting with him that night and they
said we should probably come. The Zhunan elders were great and really
helped him understand why they were going to teach him. They told him
it wasn't goodbye forever and he could still visit Toufen members.
Elder Huang explained it as we were all one big family....it was sad to
see him go, but we will get permission to go to his baptism.
We had around 80 people at church yesterday, which is a lot a lot of people especially in our little chapel.
This
week has been challenging, but still full of miracles. God knows us
and loves us. He cares for each and every one of us and leads His
missionaries to the prepared. Missions change lives, and mine is the
biggest life my mission has changed. I'm my biggest convert.
love you all! peace out!
Sister Yu Jie Mei
1. beautiful Taiwan! It's starting to get hot
2.
we went and got ice cream and among other sorts of yummy fruit...we
found this abomination... in the ice cream...what?! (if you can't
tell..it's a tomato)
![]() |
| Riding through beautiful Taiwan |
![]() |
| Tomatoes on ice cream?!?!? |


No comments:
Post a Comment