Funny story. This morning the sink wouldn't drain so me and sister
smith clean it out and she sticks her hand in a plastic bag and down the
drain and pulled out this HUGE mass of dark matter from the sink. At
first it smelled like rotten sour cream but very soon smelled like throw
up. Like one of the grossest things I have ever smelled...in all of
Taiwan, and that's saying something. Taiwan has some pretty horrid smells (open sewers, need I say more?)
So this is the last week with my companion Sister Smith. Man, it's hard to say goodbye to a best friend. I'm super excited for her because she gets to see her family this week. It's not as bad as killing Sister Singh, just because I'm older as a missionary and am more focused. But it's still hard because it makes me think about my family and how much I miss them. But then I remember why I'm here and it puts me in my place. I have 6 months left. 6 MONTHS LEFT. I just need to keep giving it my all. We're saving souls out here. The best work there is ever to do. It's right here, right now.
So this is the last week with my companion Sister Smith. Man, it's hard to say goodbye to a best friend. I'm super excited for her because she gets to see her family this week. It's not as bad as killing Sister Singh, just because I'm older as a missionary and am more focused. But it's still hard because it makes me think about my family and how much I miss them. But then I remember why I'm here and it puts me in my place. I have 6 months left. 6 MONTHS LEFT. I just need to keep giving it my all. We're saving souls out here. The best work there is ever to do. It's right here, right now.
Monday I saw a bunch
of Indonesian helpers taking their amahs out for a stroll...haha.
taking amahs out for a walk. Also, my companion's luggage exploded
because she's starting to pack. The end of this week.
Friday
is DRAGON BOAT. For those who don't know what that means it's basically
a bunch of men who come together and dress up in spandex and row a boat
with a dragon head on it. It's pretty cool. We went up to Nanliao
where it was Friday and Saturday with our district and our ward and
passed out English tracts and lessons and also free balloons. Yes, the
best. Me and my companion met these two guys from India and we had a
lesson with them. Then one of them said the closing prayer and he said
it in Sanskrit...like a dead language Sanskrit. It was pretty cool.
Friday was really slow...like nobody there but Saturday blew it out of
the water and we had tons of member support so I'd say it was worth the
40 min bike ride and the huge sunburn I got on my arms...because silly
me forgot to put it on the back of my arms. Yep, I'm a smart one.
Lastly
for this week. WANG JIE MEI PASSED HER INTERVIEW!!! The district
leader forgot the baptism record paper so while she was getting
interviewed sister smith and I had to bike home and grab one. We walked
into the church with red faces and dripping sweat, but we got it and she
passed so that was worth it too. And the even cooler part?! Her LA
husband just got reactivated and is baptising her! HOW CUTE?! We're
helping families be eternal. That's the end goal. They're going to the
temple next year.
Love
Yue Jie Mei
![]() |
| 11 months!! |
| Best way to eat a mango...over the sink. |
![]() |
| Sisters Fisher and Smith |
![]() |
| Sunburn!! |
![]() | |
| Eating zhongzi...it's like a Taiwanese tamale |




No comments:
Post a Comment