Sunday, September 20, 2015

Monday, June 15, 2015

 
Hello Everyone! 

Man it's been a crazy week...it's like 10 thousand degrees outside and 100 percent humidity.  Yep...so much fun. I melt every time I go outside. Two stories for this week.
So when I was in Okinawa we had cockroaches.  They have them here too...and they fly.  So we're eating lunch one day and all of a sudden I realize there's a cockroach on the ceiling...bad news.  Everyone else totally freaks out and it's right above my companion's desk and just running around in circles above her desk.  Total freak out session...don't worry. I was calm. It wasn't even that big and didn't have wings so I got a broom and whacked it down from the ceiling and then commenced to drown the thing with two bottles of Raid.  So now my apartment smells like Raid.

We met with one of our investigators this last Friday, Wang Jie Mei.  She is so awesome.  We followed up with her about being baptized and she shared this experience where she lost her keys and could not find them and prayed to find them and if she needed to get baptized and when she found her keys she started crying because she knew God wanted her to be baptised.  I know God answers prayers.  

It is so amazing because this week I've been studying about the Spirit.  I feel like it's really hard for me to hear him, especially when I'm making decisions as to where I should knock or what I should say.  One of my companion's favorite quotes is, "Revelation comes when the children of God are on the move" I love this quote so much because as missionaries we don't have very much time for anything so if we aren't listening and acting on it then
Something I learned a lot about is the importance of Jesus Christ.  His most important role as our Savior and Redeemer really makes me pause and think.  He literally gave up his birthright to us. He is the firstborn of the father and therefore has a right to all he has and he gave it to us.  He literally gave up his life.  Because he was half mortal half God he had the power to live forever.  He gave all that up for us because He loves us.  We don't follow Christ because he was a perfect example or because he was a good person or did good things. We follow Christ because HE IS THE ONLY WAY BACK.

That's all folks! You are all awesome! Keep reading that Book of Mormon every day :)
Yu Jie Mei

 
Sister Fisher and Sister Smith



Cockroach? yep...it died on a string connected to my companion's suitcase...she wasn't too impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment