I found a really good definition for enduring this week. Endure: withstand with courage.
I
also read an amazing article in the Liahona this week called, "It isn't
a Sin to be Weak." As a missionary I've lived the gospel more
consistently than at any other time in my life. I've really gotten
closer to my Savior and understood more of His infinite Atonement. But
I've never been more aware of my weaknesses. But the thing that I've
forgotten that I needed reminding of was that we all have weaknesses.
Christ had weaknesses. The key is to not let these weaknesses turn into
allowance for sin. I've learned the importance of focusing on the good
and trying my hardest to let Christ help me with things I'm struggling
with. He's literally there always. He can help us through anything.
Some
highlights from the week is one of our progressing investigators, Lai
Ming Jin, we were able to work with last Thursday. It's really cool to
work with him because even though he doesn't understand very much about
Christ he has a real desire to learn about him. He's slowly reading the
Book of Mormon and gets a lot from it and has been attending church for
two weeks. Another cool thing is one of the branch presidency is one
of his long time friends! It was really cool to see how the Lord works
in mysterious ways. We've also been working with a Li Xian Sheng. He
has really good questions about the Book of Mormon and about the
Church. We also had a really good lesson with Gan Jie Mei about the
articles of faith and how we love her and want her to have the blessings
of the gospel in this life. We challenged her to pray about it. For
reals.
Something I've been thinking about this
week is me. Not in a selfish way, but if you want to do the Lord's
work, you have to know how He made you so you can most effectively do
his work. Going to the Temple helped me find out a lot about myself.
I've been studying out my weaknesses and how I can make them strengths.
I have a lot of weaknesses and the Lord seems to be ever teaching me of
things I can improve on. sometimes I can really relate to Nephi when
in 2 ne 4 he gets super frustrated because his spirit is willing but his
body is too weak for it. I feel like that a lot. I sometimes feel
like I'm not good enough to do His work and nobody's listening to me or
why did I decide to go on a mission because I really don't understand
His gospel. But all those are coming from the devil and I need to learn
to block them out if I want the Spirit with me to help me teach His
gospel.
Well, everyone. I love you! I know God answers prayers. He sends us miracles everyday. We just have to open our eyes and see :)
Love you!
Yu Jie Mei![]() |
| Progress on the bathroom? Maybe. |
![]() |
| Changkai Shek it was SO hot. |



No comments:
Post a Comment