Sunday, September 27, 2015

Monday, July 13, 2015

Why is time flying by so fast? This week seriously flew by. It was a little xinku, but it still flew by nonetheless. 
Oh yea....by the way....1 YEAR BABY! IT'S OFFICIAL! I'M AN OLD MISSIONARY AND ONLY HAVE  6 MONTHS LEFT!!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!


So all of our peikes either the member fanged us or the investigator fanged us.  It was a little rough but we made the best of it. There's a rainbow after every rain cloud. The amazing thing about this week is we were able to find and meet with a lot of LA's. constantly finding. always and forever. that's the trick.

We met with Ling JM and she is so amazing. We shared the 3rd lesson with her even though we hadn't shared the second lesson with her and we started off by talking about God and how he's perfect and how we should be like him. that started a discussion about how God has a body of flesh and bone. Then she asked what the purpose of life was. An Alma 34:32 later she asked how we can return to God which led perfectly into the 3rd lesson. I never understood when people said we need to direct the lesson so the investigator asks inspired questions until that point. it was an amazing experience. She tells us every time how excited she is to meet with us and how happy she is every time. success!

Something interesting they said during sacrament meeting was we are all God's investigators. How does God answer our questions? how does he teach us? I feel like that's the key to teaching.Teach how God teaches us.  

We met this lady this week who believes she has the priesthood and that her mom saw Jesus Christ.  I always wonder about that.  I mean seriously.  everything that makes a person do good is of God and opposite is of the Devil, but the Devil will tell you 10 truths if he can slip in 1 lie, so how does that work?
My companion lost her shoe this past week in the middle of the road and it was pouring rain and I was the night in shining armor that went to save it. I guess it was pay back for making Hailey's shoe fall off in China....cars in Taiwan :)

We had two zone meetings this week...so tiring...we had to walk 40 in in hot weather there and in pouring rain on the way back. 
 
 
Me and my Companion Sister Jenkins

1 year mark before the 40 minute walk in the rain

1 year mark AFTER the 40 minute walk in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment