Sunday, September 20, 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015

So we made banana bread this week in our rice cooker, and because of it we got an investigator to come to a baptismal service and another investigator come to sacrament meeting...the power of banana bread!!!!! 

Something I've learned this week is that I feel the Spirit the most when I'm teaching one of my investigators.  When I teach and actively listen I can just feel where I should take the lesson.  What questions I should ask, which scriptures to share, what to say.  It's amazing when it happens because we're all uplifted and edified and I come out knowing we were successful in helping them come more unto Christ. 

Also, another thing I learned this week was the power of peikes! We were able to hit our goal we made of district meeting of getting 7 peikes. It was amazing to see how much our investigators progress when they have someone there who understands them and understands their chinese and is able to explain it so clearly.  We tried to make a goal of having a peike at every scheduled lesson.  For the most part we were successful, and I hope the members were able to feel that Spirit and get excited about missionary work.  

We met with an awesome investigator this week named Fan Dixiong and he is amazing.  We went through the baptismal planner and planned when he was coming to church and according to that we gave him a new baptismal date.  When we gave him the invite, I've never seen anyone so excited! And I've never seen anyone outside of missionaries say 'yuanyi'...he even said excitedly, "FEICHANG YUANYI!!!" 

I'm super pumped for General conference!!! We don't get it until a week after the actual Genearal conference, sooo....yea, I'm still excited! 

Love you all! You are all the best! keep jia youing it up over there and see you next week!!!
 
Yu Jie Mei

This is a short black guy...we went to a ghost temple on Monday and the god of hell has two bodyguards that catch escapee bad ghosts...one is tall and white and the other is black and short...haha. it's cool.

Sis Fisher and Haake.  After daysssss of raining the sun finally showed it's face.

Love

Sister Fisher, Gan Jie Mei and Sister Haake


No comments:

Post a Comment