Hello everyone!
So
this week was super crazy and just well...exhausting. We went up to
Taipei three times this week and went on two exchanges. Both times I
was in my area, which I had been in for a couple days. Fortunately the
Lord was with us and I didn't get lost, but it's like baptism by fire.
It forces you to know your area.
One of the
exchanges was with one of our sisters and we were heading home in the
pouring rain and the sister fell on her bike. It was a little rough,
but we made it through. It taught me I need to be a little bit more
loving to people.
My companion, Sister Smith,
is amazing. She is super great at listening to the spirit and
following it's promptings. She also is super good at teaching people
according to their needs and knowing how to resolve their concerns. I
hope I can learn all I can from her over the next 4 weeks. Anyway, we
were in a lesson and one of our investigators apparently felt a little
to much of that good lovin pressure you get when you know you need to
change and decided to backlash. It wasn't pretty. She just said a
couple mean and hurtful things to us and especially my companion. We
were still planning on going back next week but on sunday we went to
church and apparently this investigator had been calling members in the
ward and telling them lies about us. So for some reason they took the
word of an investigator rather than trusting the representatives of
Jesus Christ who leave our families for two years so we can bring others
into the gospel. makes sense right? yea, so now some of the members
are giving us the cold shoulder.
But on the
up side we have two great progressing investigators. One is around 11
and is sooo sassy! so sassy. and the other is the wife of one our LA's
that's coming back to church. She has some great insights about the
scriptures. Man, it's so amazing the stark difference between those who
have a sincere desire to learn and those who don't have a desire to
learn.
I've learned a lot about leadership this week. SERVICE AND SACRIFICE! I have no time to do anything. It's all just gogogo!
Love you all!
Yu Xie Mei
![]() |
Me and President and Sister Day
|

No comments:
Post a Comment