Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Monday, August 3, 2015

So ARLYN IS BAPTISED! just in case you didn't read the header. FYI
She has been waiting for this moment since last March...or April. She's been waiting to go to church for forever because her boss won't let her go to church.  She's Filipino and so she's here just to work.  but we finally got to help her come to church three times and into the baptismal font! it was so amazing to watch her do something she's been waiting so long to do.  In her testimony, she thanked Sister Murri and sister Smith for finding her and helping her.  it was so sweet. 
Jedi council was this week.  It is such an amazing experience to spend time with the president and his wife in training.  and they make delicious Mexican food.  sooo good! 
Lastly Sunday! Cindy, an investigator from English class came to church for the second time this week and we met with her after church and asked her why she decided to come to church.  She said that she feels like she needs some direction in her life so she felt like coming to church would help and she said she gets this really good feeling about coming to church.  She absolutely loves church and the YW president really guanxin's her.  and She ACCEPTED BAPTISM! God is so great. We don't really know his plans, but he does have a plan when we trust Him. 
I've also been thinking about the importance of obedience.  and then one day it hit me.  We don't really do anything in this work, it's all God. The only thing we can really do is be obedient.  Us being exactly obedient is what brings the blessings.  Us being obedient shows the Lord our effort and desire and he blesses us so much for it.  There are prepared people everywhere. no matter where you go.  As we are obedient he either leads us to them or them to us.  As we are obedient we are able to have that power to teach and testify.  

Hey Momskies! 
I just wanted to tell you that you pretty much made me cry when I read your email.  I seriously could not ask for better parents.  I don't know what I would do without you.  I'm still not sure if it's what I need to do but I'm so grateful you all are backing me up and supporting me no matter my decision. 
We haven't been able to meet with Ling JM since Wednesday. We're meeting with her tonight so hopefully, it'll go well. We met with a tongxue named Cindy and she is so cute.  She just knows it's true and when invited her to be baptized she basically told us she's wanted to be baptized for a long time but worries about her parents.  Our Peike told her her conversion story about how her mom didn't want her to get baptized and how her dad signed the paper but afterward, her parents eventually got baptized.  Life is so amazing.  Being a missionary is so amazing! 
love you!  I'm glad Ethan got his Eagle project done. I prayed really hard for him.  I'm glad Levi is okay and you all had so much fun swimming.  I'm kind of envious of Elders because they can actually swim on their missions because they get to baptize people.  Sisters cant.  It's just one of those things.  
Yep...that's what I learned this week...that and eating meat is part of the word of wisdom. hamburger it up!

Well, that's all folks: )
LOVE Sister Fish

Arlyn is getting baptized

SO excited when Arlyn came out of the water
Costco muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment