Friday, March 15, 2019

Monday October 12, 2015

My legs hurt
Conference was great
Look for the light
Don't drop raid bottles
That was my week in a nutshell :)
So Jilong is famous for its hills and rain, and it's getting into winter/fall season so there are going to be even more. yipeee!!!  But all things aside I'm learning to love it. It's awesome and the members are sweet. 

We have an awesome investigator named Jian JM (簡). She told us she's been trying to read the Book of Mormon.  We've been trying to help her develop her scripture reading so we send her a text every day with the next 10 scriptures she had to read and we started at 1 Nephi.  So my comp sends her the next scriptures 1 Nephi 1:21-30 and she responds to tell us there is no 21-30...it stops at 20. Awkward!! At least she actually reads scriptures :)
Did I mention it rains a lot here and there are tons of hills?  Yea.  There was one day it rained from exercise in the morning all the way until we went to bed that night.  WET.
General Conference was awesome! I think they're really pushing the back to the basics and putting your foundation in Christ.  Three big themes I got are Sabbath day worship; this life is not easy, but it's worth it, and moms are superheroes.  Love you mom :) 
Lately, I've been pondering about our lives before this one.  Just think how strong and steadfast everyone was before this life.  We still have those skills and gifts with us, we just forgot.  Pray to know what your gifts are.  They are meant to bless you and those around you. They will help build the kingdom of God and keep out the evil of Satan.  We are strong

Cool story.  We were contacting and we saw these two girls walking so we start talking to them.  One is Catholic and the other Buddhist.  So we watch #BecauseHeLives. That movie has power.  The Buddhist girl got this light in her eyes as we started talking to her.  We gave them Books of Mormon and they wanted to learn more.  It's so amazing how the gospel brings that light into the eyes and faces of those who listen.  The gospel of Jesus Christ literally allows us to take the countenance of Christ upon us...through baptism. this gospel is amazing! I love being a missionary :)

Last but not least. Last night we found a cockroach on the wall and went to get the Raid and my companion dropped the can of Raid.  Bad idea!  So it disconnected from the top from the bottom so now we have this bottle of pressurized poison spraying nasty smelling Raid ALL over the place. I grab the bottle and run for the door to throw it into the hallway but then remember we still have a cockroach on the loose, bottle still spraying I turn back to see if it's still there but my companion stops me. So I throw the poison bomb into the hallway for some unsuspecting victim, just kidding. there was no one there. 

Well, that's all folks.  Keep being awesome kick butt people.  Go out and find miracles.

LOVE YOU to Taiwan and back!
Sister Fisher



No comments:

Post a Comment