Oh, yea...6 weeks. Where has the time gone? I'm not sure what to think about going home, but it's kind of crazy to think about.
Oh yeah, and HAPPY 16 MONTHS!!! I haven't taken a picture yet so expect it next week.
So this Saturday we had temple tours. I've only done it once before but it was a looooong day. So this time we were really praying to find miracles. God doesn't let you down. After we had a tour with this guy who wasn't sure if he wanted to serve a mission or not this HUGE group of kids came through the front door. Their teacher (an American member from Utah in Taiwan for 6 weeks teaching English) said they were taking a tour of Taipei and they wanted to know if we would give them a temple tour. Wow. So we talked about Christ and the temple and ended with showing them a video on the Temple. Afterwards, ALL of them filled out referral cards and were interested in learning more about the Temple or families or the Book of Mormon. The power of everyday missionaries.
A lot of our investigators died this week. But we have a lot of potential investigators we are going to be working with this next week.
We made an awesome board game for going to the Temple. It's pretty ingenious and cute.
Last story. Last Night we felt like we needed to visit an LA who lived up a HUGE hill. I'm pretty used to hills by now, but we can't even bike up this hill...WAY TOO STEEP. So we walked up this hill to visit this LA. We decided to start by playing our Temple board game and she invited her boyfriend to play with us. It was a good way to introduce him to the gospel. It was really cool to see that she had a desire to share the gospel with him she just didn't know how.
I've been reading in Alma recently about faith and how Alma and Almulek had a huge trial of faith before the miracle. In our lives sometimes we don't get answers to our prayers because Heavenly Father needs us to learn something from it. Faith is a strong powerful thing. It can move mountains. I've been thinking about what qualifies you to have enough faith to move mountains. Not that I want to move mountains, but I want enough faith to do whatever God needs me to do.
I think I've become an effective tool in the Lord's hands on my mission. I still have 6 weeks left, and I'm still going strong. I won't let up until I step my foot off that plane. This mission has changed my life.
The plan of Salvation is beautiful! It's so simple and clear!
Stay sweet out there :)




No comments:
Post a Comment