Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

oh by the way. Today's temple day...that's why I didn't have P day on Monday. 
I made stroganoff and alfredo this week...and taco salad :) with Doritos :) living the dream baby. thank you for teaching me how to cook. My comp doesn't know so I'm teaching her :)
I thought the member referral was going to die as an investigator but it turns out we met with her parents (RC's) and they said she had this idea to say a prayer and wants to know when she can get a BOM, so I'm still rooting for her!
Ling (actually wu) JM got back from Thailand and read up to 2 Nephi 11 on the plane! She had a lot of questions about the difference between a prophet and apostle and why women can't have the priesthood.  What's your take on women and the priesthood? just curious?

did you know cockroaches sleep on their back? It looks comfortable I guess
some crazy miracles this week.
ONe: we were coming home one night from exchanges and I went to take my bag off my shoulder and it popped my nametag off. Great. But it gets worse. I'm watching my nametag fall and it bounces once, twice, and into the gutter. A Taiwanese gutter, an open sewer!!! NOOOO! and it was my magnet one, those are precious because I ripped the magnet off my MTC one so it's precious. So I try a multitude of different things. attaching the magnet to a strap and trying to fish it out or ripping out two stick things and like chopsticks trying to get it out but to no avail. great. and it's getting close to 9:30. I just couldn't leave Christ's name down there in who knows what!!! But we have like one minute left so we race upstairs. Sister Jenkins is like, "I have enough faith that tomorrow morning it is going to be out and on the side of the gutter" so that's what we pray for that night. enough faith. I then realize that I had been praying for the Lord to help me increase my faith. great. So morning comes and we go to exercise and forget to look. when we come back home we go to look and it's GONE!!! Sister Jenkins is like, it's a miracle and I'm like, great, someone stole my nametag. so we go upstairs and I'm like, have faith. and right on my desk is a paper with my nametag on it. I know God works through the hands of earthly angels before he uses heavenly angels. Our angels, (sister Beaston and sister Fan) were in the shower.

Two: we were on our way to lunch when my companion says we need to go back to this old group of ladies and talk to them. nothing happens so we go back to our bikes and we had actually parked it outside of this lady's house. yea. Right as we get back she arrived and was trying to figure out how to move our bikes out of the way. So we apologize and move our bikes and as we're riding away I'm like, there's no way that was a coincidence. God needs us to talk to this lady. So we stop our bikes and go talk to her and she becomes a new investigator. what?! Listening to God is so important. There are no coincidences. Sometimes he prompts us to talk to someone not because we need to talk to them but because it will help us come into contact with another person.
Three: ARLYN CAME TO CHURCH!!! we're praying that she'll be able to get baptized this week.

love you all!!!
Sister Fisher

Like our new glasses?


Noodles with a cat in the background.


My nametag came home


No comments:

Post a Comment