Friday, March 15, 2019

Monday, October 21, 2015

So it's a Wednesday :) guess what that means?! TEMPLE DAY!!! YES! That also means we woke up early this morning so we could get everything done.  But it's worth it because the Temple is AMAZING! 

Wow, this was a crazy week and a half. Our investigator Jian JM(簡姊妹)is getting baptized this next Sunday!!! It's super exciting.  We talked to her about Temples yesterday and she was super excited to go and is working really hard on her husband to help him start meeting with missionaries. She really wants to be sealed in the temple. HOW CUTE!!

Cool story of the week.  We were on our way to President Interviews on a bus. While I was waiting in line I started talking to the girl next to me and we started into this huge conversation that just went straight into the Book of Mormon...it might have been because I'm a missionary or something like that ;) She was Christian and we seriously talked for 45 minutes straight about the gospel.  She had some awesome questions and misconceptions about our Church.  I got her phone number and we'll be calling her back to try to set up a time to meet.  I've learned in my mission that the people around you were placed there.  We don't know who we're supposed to talk to but as we open our mouths we will be able to help those who need our light. A lot of times God will place people right there in a spot they can't run from so you can share with them the hope that is this gospel.  It's beautiful.  God is great! 
I taught my companion how to make chicken alfredo this week.  She's getting there :) 
It rained for a whole day straight and there was some grease or something in the water that got ALL over my legs and so now it looks like I have man legs...thank you very much
We learned that you just don't go to hole in the wall places and order curry....it'll taste like a whole bunch of canned nastiness.  
Other than that me and my companion have been working on getting baptismal date investigators.  They're easy to get but not easy to keep.  

So this last week was interviews.  I've kind of gotten over the fact that that I moved to Jilong and I'm actually learning to love Jilong.  So I get into the interview and President Jergensen looks at me and just starts crying.  He goes on to say how much I mean to this mission and how much of an extraordinary missionary I've become.  He then tells me that I stand out and people look up to me and he put me in Jilong to give that district. that zone a big shot in the arm.  By this point I had tears going down my face too which doesn't usually happen.  The spirit was so strong and I knew it was what God wanted me to know.  
Remember I love you! You're fantastic and know that God is watching out for me and you all!
Love you all!
Sister Fisher





No comments:

Post a Comment