Friday, March 15, 2019

Monday, October 5, 2015

"How could you do this to me? I was growing so much and now you've cut me down! All the plants in the garden will look down on me now, how could you do this to me?!"  "Look little currant bush, I'm the gardener here. And I know what I want you to be. One day little currant bush, when you're laden with fruit you'll say, 'thank you Mr. Gardener. Thank you for loving me enough to cut me down'"

Sometimes we feel like we're doing amazing and growing so much and loving life. We're on fire! Then God comes along and cuts us down.  In frustration and anger, we ask why. Why would you do this to me?! But we have to remember that God knows our potential and sometimes it is necessary to cut us down so we can grow faster and stronger the way He wants us to grow so we CAN reach our full potential.  
Trust
Hope
Be still and know that I am God.
Oh, yea. Last Monday we had a typhoon.  Like a real typhoon.  And me and my companion got caught outside in it riding home.  We almost died getting to McDonald's to pick up dinner...classic I know.  And of course Oreos :) It was fun, but I got a little wet.

So I left Xinzhu. I left Sister Jenkins and all our amazing wonderful members, recent converts, and investigators.  And I got sent to Jilong. My new companion's name is Sister Johnson.  She's from Utah and has been on island for about 4 months.  It's a port city with LOTS of mountains.  LOTS of mountains.  My legs are going to beautiful when I get home. 

Last Saturday I did Temple Tours :) It was pretty fun. I just got to show people around the visitors center all day.  

So I moved to Jilong.  It's really rough.  My whole mission I've been a leader and now my last two transfers my wings got cut and I got demoted to a normal missionary.  And then I got sent to Jilong.  so many hills kill me now.  so right now I'm just trying to fill our pool of investigators up and be happy. find joy in the journey.  

That's pretty much all for this week.  I hope everyone enjoyed Conference :)  I'll be watching it this next week because they have to translate it.  
PS: Last Saturday I met the guy who is the voice of President Monson in Chinese.  So yea...I met the prophet ;)

Getting wet

New companion

This is after I rode home in a typhoon...I was a little wet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment