You just received a letter from your favorite missionary!
It's so awesome having progressing investigators. Ones who actually read and pray and come to church. Cai JM is so amazing. The only problem she has is a little one about baibai that she just needs enough courage to get over it. We asked her last week if she believed what we taught her and what she reads is true and she said, "yes, but I don't have a testimony" I told her that her belief IS a testimony. It doesn't have to be some really big thing. It starts small.
On Wednesday I have a HUGE scribble all over my lesson plans because a HUGE cannon went off during language study. We ran over to the window to watch what was happening. The Taiwanese navy was doing a drill of taking over a hostile boat...and we got front seats. IT was pretty cool to watch.
During English boarding, we met this cool lady named Sharlene. She called later and said she was going to qing us chi on Saturday. Saturday arrives and she takes us to Miao kou which made me a little nervous, but it wasn't that bad and we got some avocado milk which was DELICIOUS! We got to share the first lesson with her and you could really feel the spirit. I love sharing this glad news!
I have an invite for all of you! Take a stocking and make it the "what are you going to give to Christ this Christmas" stocking and everyday everyone write down on a piece of paper something they did that day to give to Christ for Christmas. IT can be anything from a smile to a person or serving someone. Then on Christmas day, we can read them all.
My purpose as a missionary is to help others come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, Repentance, Baptism by immersion, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. How great is this calling? Being a missionary is one of the greatest things ever!
Zone meeting was great. It was kind of interesting because I thought of some things I needed to work on and I was like, 'what?' I'm at the end of my mission. why didn't Heavenly Father tell me these things at the BEGINNING of my mission? Then I would have had my whole mission instead of half a month to work on them. Then the reply came. You don't need to be perfect at the end of your mission. You will still have things left to work on after you're done. This is what I need to work on now. Life is so personalized. It's not some cookie cutter thing everyone gets, it's a masterpiece hand-molded by our Creator JUST FOR US!
We saw so many miracles this week! God is Great!
LOVE YOU!
Sister Fisher
pictures:
here's the action...almost



No comments:
Post a Comment